Python Engineer - Remote
Must reside in the US –EASTERN TIME ZONE. Telecommuting permitted. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. This is a full time/salaried position with benefits.
Who we are:
Enterra provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users. Today, our solutions impact just about every aspect of the products you buy at your local store – from what is available to how its priced and even where it is placed on the shelf. Our SaaS solutions are deployed within private clouds – principally on Azure. We help transform market-leading companies into true data-driven digital enterprises.
What you will do:
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team in building the core components of our software platforms using machine learning and artificial intelligence. In this role, Enterra is seeking a disciplined and well-rounded software engineer. The ideal candidate needs to be passionate about their work not just in words, but in demonstrable actions, contributing to the development of select aspects of Enterra’s platforms and solutions. Successful candidates for this position must have experience in the full cycle of modern software engineering processes and paradigms.
• Provide commercial quality software development in a professional and timely manner
• Be a member of the technical staff and participate with the organization’s processes and best practices, including but not limited to code reviews, automated tests and build management
• Work with team members that have a wide range of skills
• Ability to perform to agreed timelines
• A self-starter with an enthusiasm for technology
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands on experience in full software lifecycle development
• 3+ years of hands on experience in Python Programming Language
• Experience developing apps that run on a cloud infrastructure (Private and Public)
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment. Note: Majority of the work will be done within the Azure infrastructure
• Excellent problem-solving skills and troubleshooting issues in a large, complex environment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes the ability to write technical documentation as appropriate
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
One or more of the skills below are desired but not required:
• Experience with container management and deployment, Docker and Kubernetes
• Machine Learning skills
• While this is not a Data Scientist position, experience with the Python Data Science Stack (such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn, etc.) is a plus
• Experience with Natural Language Understanding (NLP) tools and techniques