Natural Language Processing / ML Engineer with Python
Prefer candidates who reside in the US (Eastern Time Zone). Telecommuting Permitted. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. This is a full time/salaried position with benefits.
Who we are:
Enterra provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users. Today, our solutions impact just about every aspect of the products you buy at your local store – from what is available to how its priced and even where it is placed on the shelf. Our SaaS solutions are deployed within private clouds – principally on Azure. We help transform market-leading companies into true data-driven digital enterprises.
What you will do:
The successful candidate will join a diverse team to develop and enhance core components of our software solutions. The specific responsibilities will focus on the use of Python for Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and the application of Machine Learning (ML) on unstructured text but the tasking will incorporate general application development. The candidate must have experience in the full cycle of modern software engineering processes and paradigms.
• Design, development and integration of comprehensive Text ML and NLU solutions to address core product and client requirements. This includes:
– Classification of free-form text documents
– Extraction of key concepts from text documents – this can include items such as intent or sentiment
– Management of training/test data sets
– Mechanisms to support multiple clients
– Mechanisms to support and enable version-control for ML models
– Integration into the overall system
• Set up and conduct unit and system level performance measurement and tuning incorporating load balancing platform components.
• Incorporate all activities into the DevOps and documentation process.
• Design, development and integration of other Python-based application components as needed.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in Python Programming Language
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with NLU tools and techniques using RASA
• 3+ years of hands-on experience creating document classification
• Hands on experience on full software lifecycle development, including commercially standard practices
One or more of the skills below are highly desired but not required:
• Experience developing applications on cloud environments – Azure HIGHLY preferred
• Experience with container management and deployment – Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with Python Data Stack – Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn etc.
• Other experience with NLU or Natural Language Processing (NLP) tools is a plus