Front-End Web Developer
Must reside in the US – preferably in the Eastern Time Zone. Telecommuting permitted. Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future. This is a full-time position with benefits. Contractors will not be considered for this position.
Who we are:
Enterra provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users. Today, our solutions impact just about every aspect of the products you buy at your local store – from what is available to how its priced and even where it is placed on the shelf. Our SaaS solutions are deployed within private clouds – principally on Azure. We help transform market-leading companies into true data-driven digital enterprises.
What you will do:
The successful candidate will join a diverse team to:
- Develop, maintain and enhance commercial quality, inviting, easy-to-use web-based user interfaces for multiple productized Enterra Solution offerings.
- Develop the overall look and feel across the suite of Enterra Solution offerings.
- Ensure high-performance and responsiveness to requests from the user.
- Participate in the evolution of Enterra’s solution offerings as a whole.
- Determining the structure and design of application web pages.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience – performance, usability, visualizations etc.
- Integrating of user-facing elements server-side logic
- Implementing security and data protection throughout the code.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Where needed, ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Optimizing pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Creation and application of test plans for the responsible code modules.
- Working with other team members, especially back-end developers and data engineers to integrate data, perform the integration testing and support the deployment architecture.
- Work with client IS/IT organizations to deploy within client environments.
- Participate in regular SDLC activities ranging from estimation, status reporting, SCRUM sessions, design meetings, code reviews etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of current hands-on web application architecture, design and development experience.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment encouraging code reuse, TDD/BDD testing frameworks such as Karma/Jest.
- Strong experience working with
- JS Frameworks and UI patterns, such as Unidirectional Flow/Flux, ReactJS, Redux.
- Visualization libraries such as D3, D3 with ReactJS a huge bonus.
- RESTful services, Message Queues (AMQP / Kafka / Web sockets ).
- Cross-browser and cross-device compatibility and browser-specific issues
- Experience in Microsoft Azure environment and Azure technology stack.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or HBase highly desirable
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task across tasks and projects within required deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate with business and technical personnel both internally and externally. This includes documentation, presentations and individual analysis sessions.
- Quick learner, self-starter: Looking for a self-starter, who is resourceful with a detail-oriented mindset and uses resources at hand to search for answers and strengthen understanding of projects and tools.
- Attention to detail : Quality and accuracy in the work is essential.