Cloud Developer with Python
Must reside in the US – preferably in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic Regions. Telecommuting permitted. Travel may be required for appropriate technology sessions. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Who we are:
Enterra provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users. Today, our solutions impact just about every aspect of the products you buy at your local store – from what is available to how it is priced and even where it is placed on the shelf. Our SaaS solutions are deployed within private clouds – principally on Azure. We help transform market-leading companies into true data-driven digital enterprises.
What you will do:
The successful candidate will join a diverse team to:
- Develop, maintain and enhance commercial quality server-side logic for multiple productized Enterra Solution offerings.
- Create the glue that integrates raw data with multiple advanced technology services and business end-user interfaces.
- Ensure high-performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Participate in the evolution of Enterra’s solution offerings as a whole.
- Ensure high quality and accuracy in the work with a strong attention to detail
- Developing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Designing and implementing low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications within cloud environments – Azure, AWS, and others.
- Integration of data storage solutions that may include databases, data lakes, data warehouses, blob stores, etc.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Creation and application of test plans for the responsible code modules.
- Creation of documentation of the assigned code modules.
- Participate in regular SDLC activities ranging from estimation, status reporting, SCRUM sessions, design meetings, code reviews etc.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in the development of web-based products.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework e.g., Django, Flask
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Familiarity with some stdlib, ORM (Object Relational Mapper) and/or other libraries to enable database connections
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills – Ability to clearly communicate with business and technical personnel both internally and externally. This includes documentation, presentations and individual analysis sessions.
- Quick learner and self-starter who is resourceful with a detail-oriented mindset and uses resources at hand to search for answers and strengthen understanding of projects and tools.
The following additional skills would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of the CPG and Retail Industries
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Ontologies, Business Rules, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization.
- Working knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical or BI packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, R, Python, Power BI, Tableau etc.).