Azure Senior DevOps/Release Engineer - Remote
MUST RESIDE in the US – EASTERN TIME ZONE ONLY. Telecommuting permitted.
Who we are:
Enterra provides solutions that leverage sophisticated machine learning, artificial intelligence (ontologies, inference engines and rules) and natural language processing to provide highly actionable insights and recommendations to business users. Today, our solutions impact just about every aspect of the products you buy at your local store – from what is available to how its priced and even where it is placed on the shelf. Our SaaS solutions are deployed within private clouds – principally on Azure. We help transform market-leading companies into true data-driven digital enterprises.
What you will do:
The ideal candidate needs to be a passionate, self-starter who is motivated about making an impact in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of our software release process including DevOps in a complex environment that balances internal development and IP needs with external client requirements. An Enterra release incorporates both traditional software updates as well as model updates (i.e., machine learning or logical knowledge bases). 2
Design, development and operation of a comprehensive, scalable Release and DevOps process in an Azure cloud environment working in collaboration with internal and client personnel. This includes:
- Infrastructure platform configuration
- Orchestration and automation
- Source control, branch, build management and smoke testing.
- Continuous Integration
Demonstrate proficiency with working in Azure: DevOps, Monitor and Security
- Set up and conduct system level performance measurement and tuning incorporating load balancing platform components.
- Author clear technical documentation as required.
- Accurately scope work and perform to agreed timelines.
Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
Overall you must have at least 4 years of hands on experience as a DevOps Engineer with expertise in automating all stages of the SDLC.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in these specific areas:
- Deploying applications and services that run on a cloud infrastructure (Private and Public); i.e., virtualization, networking, load-balancing, databases, queuing etc.
- Experience working with networks, including subnets, VPN, and firewalls. 3
- Docker/Containerization experience
- Experience standing up and managing Kubernetes.
- Experience working with continuous integration tools and techniques including but not limited to build automation, configuration management and deployment tools.
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management
- Excellent problem-solving skills and troubleshooting issues in a large, complex environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to write technical documentation, system guides, etc. as appropriate.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
One or more of the skills below are desirable but not required:
- Cloud providers certifications: Azure HIGHLY preferred.
- Security certifications –
- Cloud: AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Azure Security Engineer, Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer, and other related certifications
- Industry: Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge, Certified Cloud Security Professional, Certified Cloud Security Specialist (CCSS)
- Experience in Azure data storage including Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2, Common Data Service, SQL, Blob
- Exposure to Key Vault and Azure Application Insights
- Working knowledge SQL